This tract was recently harvested and has not been replanted. There is also some natural pine and hardwood that was left. Fronts on two paved roads.
Sell as a whole.
The Buckner tract is located in eastern Talbot County on two paved roads. The area is rural with numerous weekend getaways and timber farms. The property is planted in loblolly pines and has several areas of natural hardwoods. It is ideal for a hunting retreat or rural home site. Columbus, GA is a short 30 minute drive.
Talbot County was created from a portion of Muscogee County by a December 14, 1827 act of the Georgia General Assembly. It was named after the late Georgia governor Matthew Talbot. Taylor County was created from a portion of Talbot County in 1852. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 395 square miles, of which 391 square miles is land and 3.4 square miles is water. The northeastern three-quarters of Talbot County is located in the Upper Flint River sub-basin of the Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint River Basin. The southwestern quarter, west of Junction City, is located in the Middle Chattahoochee River–Walter F. George Lake sub-basin, while a narrow sliver of the western border, east of Waverly Hall, is located in the Middle Chattahoochee River–Lake Harding sub-basin.
Directions: From Talbotton go east on GA HWY 208, property is on the right just before you get to Buckner Rd.