This is an excellent timber recreation tract. The majority of the pine plantation is 10 years old and will be ready to thin soon. Hardwoods are plentiful along a creek that flows across the property creating outstanding wildlife habitat. A powerline is perfect for food plots and game viewing. Long frontage on Wesley Church, a county paved road, offers great land access. The area has several nice farms and timber tracts creating a great atmosphere.
Taylor County was created on January 15, 1852, by an act of the Georgia General Assembly from portions of Macon, Marion and Talbot counties. The County is named for Zachary Taylor, twelfth President of the United States. Taylor County is dissected by the Fall Line geological formation. The upper half of the county is located in the Piedmont region and consists of gently rolling hills and clay-based soils. The lower half of the county is located in the Upper Atlantic Coastal Plain and is markedly flatter and the soil more sandy. The Flint River marks the entirety of the county’s northeastern border. The county is driven by a largely agricultural economy. Peaches, strawberries, pecans, peanuts, watermelons, and cotton are the most commonly raised crops. Lumbering is also important to the local economy. The county is heavily forested in most areas due in part to the many large plantation pine farms. There are also many desirable hardwood forests, especially along the Flint River basin and tributary streams. The southwestern portion of the county is covered with large sand hills that have given rise to several stable sand mining operations. The county supports a very healthy population of animals, including white-tailed deer, wild turkey, eastern cottontail, raccoon, coyote, bobcat, nine-banded armadillo, Virginia opossum, red-tailed hawk, and the federally endangered Florida gopher tortoise.
Directions: The property is on Wesley Church Road just west of Lawdon Road.