The Patterson tract is an ideal recreation property, 20 miles northeast of Columbus, GA in Talbot County. Beautiful loblolly pine and hardwoods are growing well, providing future timber income and outstanding wildlife habitat. The rural setting allows for a quiet home site or weekend get a way. A well maintained county gravel road access the tract.
Talbot County was created from a portion of Muscogee County by a December 14, 1827 act of the Georgia General Assembly. It was named after the late Georgia governor Matthew Talbot. Taylor County was created from a portion of Talbot County in 1852. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 395 square miles, of which 391 square miles is land and 3.4 square miles is water.
The northeastern three-quarters of Talbot County is located in the Upper Flint River sub-basin of the Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint River Basin. The southwestern quarter, west of Junction City, is located in the Middle Chattahoochee River-Walter F. George Lake sub-basin, while a narrow sliver of the western border, east of Waverly Hall, is located in the Middle Chattahoochee River-Lake Harding sub-basin.