Moreland is a town in Coweta County, Georgia, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, the town population was 399. The town of Moreland traces back to the community of the Mt. Zion Methodist Church. This church was built in 1843 for the farmers who had mostly come to this area as part of the Georgia Land Lottery of 1827. Upon the arrival of the Atlanta and West Point Railroad in 1852, the center of this community shifted southward. It had a wood and water stop for trains and was called Puckett Station. Moreland is located in southern Coweta County at 33°17′08″N 84°46′07″W. U.S. Route 29 passes through the town, leading north 7 miles (11 km) to Newnan, the county seat, and southwest 6 miles (10 km) to Grantville. U.S. Route 27A leads south 5 miles (8 km) to Luthersville. According to the United States Census Bureau, Moreland has a total area of 0.93 square miles (2.4 km2), all of it land.